FAQ / Resources
When do I need a land surveyor?
There are many reasons to need a land survey. Here are just a few:

- Before land is developed or divided
- When your bank requires a survey for a mortgage approval
- To determine the corners and boarder of your property line
- When purchasing title insurance
- If you're adding an addition, or building permanent structures on your property such as a shed, fence, or deck
- If cutting down trees
- When buying or selling land
- In the case of boundry line disputes

What will it cost?
The cost of your project will depend on the scope of work involved. Work is usually performed at a fixed fee, a predetermined “not to exceed” price point, or on an hourly basis. 

The cost is determined on the time it will take to perform the work, and an estimate can be derived based on the information of record (deeds and plans) and our previous history of the area.
How long does a project take?
Depending on the scope of work most work will be completed within a two week period.
What can I expect upon job completion?
This depends on what you ask for. Be sure to tell us the reason for the work. This way we be can be sure you have preformed the work that is needed.
US Army Corps of Engineers

Environmental Permitting

Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection is a secure site for submitting environmental permits, transmittals, certifications, and reports electronically to Mass DEP. http://www.mass.gov/dep/
Building Permits

In general, a permit is required to construct, reconstruct, alter, repair, remove or demolish a building or structure, or to change the use or occupancy of a building or structure.  

Or, specific permit information can be obtained directly from the following towns:

Acton: http://www.acton-ma.gov/index.aspx?nid=114

Andover:  http://andoverma.gov/

Arlington: http://www.town.arlington.ma.us/Public_Documents/ArlingtonMA_Inspections/index

Bedford:  http://www.town.bedford.ma.us/index.php/departments/code-enforcement/code-enforcement-home 

Belmont: http://www.town.belmont.ma.us/Public_Documents/BelmontMA_Buildings/index

Billerica: http://www.town.billerica.ma.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=55

Boston: http://www.cityofboston.gov/isd/

Burlington: http://www.burlington.org/building.htm

Cambridge: http://www.cambridgema.gov/inspection.aspx

Carlisle: http://www.carlislema.gov/Pages/CarlisleMA_Inspections/forms/index

Chelmsford: http://www.townofchelmsford.us/Building-Department.cfm

Concord:  http://www.concordnet.org/pages/ConcordMA_Code/index

Dracut: http://www.dracut-ma.us/departments.aspx?deptid=11

Dunstable: http://dunstable-ma.gov/Pages/DunstableMA_Inspections/index

Lawrence: http://www.cityoflawrence.com/inspectional-services.aspx

Lexington: http://ci.lexington.ma.us/building/2008.cfm

Lincoln: http://www.lincolntown.org/depts/build.htm

Lowell: http://www.lowellma.gov/depts/inspectional-services/inspectional-services

Melrose: http://www.cityofmelrose.org/dept_inspectserv.cfm

Methuen:  http://www.ci.methuen.ma.us/index.php/city-departments-mainmenu-112/inspections-mainmenu-68.html

North Reading: http://www.northreadingma.gov/Pages/NReadingMA_Building/index

Reading: http://www.ci.reading.ma.us/Pages/ReadingMA_Building/index

Stoneham: http://www.ci.stoneham.ma.us/Pages/StonehamMA_Building/index

Tewksbury:  http://www.tewksbury.info/Pages/TewksburyMA_Building/index

Tyngsborough: http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/government/departments/building/

Waltham:  http://www.city.waltham.ma.us/building-department

Westford: http://www.westford-ma.gov/pages/government/towndepartments/WestfordMA_building/index

Wilmington: http://www.town.wilmington.ma.us/Pages/WilmingtonMA_Building/index

Winchester:  http://www.winchester.us/index.php/departments/building-department.html

Woburn: http://cityofwoburn.com/index.aspx?nid=193
Common Questions...
Permitting Resources...